Communication and Outreach Officer
Maliseet Nation Conservation Council (MNCC), a non-profit organization dedicated to increasing Maliseet First Nation involvement in natural resource decision-making in the St John River Watershed and Bay of Fundy, is currently seeking candidates for position of Communication and Outreach Officer.
This is a full time position and it will also require some travel. Salary will depend on qualification and experience. Applicants knowledgeable of Maliseet culture and history will be preferred.
- Production on all communications material for the organization including newsletters, news releases, presentation, brochures, posters and related communications documents as well as overseeing website content//performance.
- Assistance in preparation and delivery of presentations as requested.
- Develop a public awareness short video for website and a pamphlet to feature accomplishments, ongoing programs and future work.
- Ability to be self-directed while also contributing to a strong team environment.
- Professional demeanor. Leadership qualities and able to take direction.
- Coordination of the School Science Day Program based on the successful delivery of the program in the past few years. Visits required to schools in First Nation communities.
- Post-Secondary Education in communication/education or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience with Maliseet First Nation Communities
- Preference given to candidates with Maliseet Heritage
- Aboriginal or non-profit organization experience
- Criminal Record check required.
To apply, email, mail or fax your resume with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax#: 506-472-8543 Deadline date for application August 18th,2017